Choosing pool decking is an important decision that will greatly affect your overall Sydney pool landscaping look and feel. There are so many styles and materials to choose from, it can sometimes be overwhelming. Premier Landscapes has years of experience installing pool decking, let us help you create the perfect decking for your pool.
Pool decking surrounds your pool and creates a frame that provides you with a safe path around the pool’s edge. Decking can also be extended to create a beautiful and functional space for relaxing and entertaining.
If you are looking for pool decking, you may be wondering what your options are and the positives and negatives of each decking material. Below we will highlight some consideration to take into account when choosing a pool decking material and we will also highlight some of the most commonly used pool decking materials.
Pool Decking Materials-What to Consider
Although choosing a decking material that is attractive is very important, there are many other considerations you should take into account before making a final decision.
- The decking material needs to be safe and not get slippery when wet. The last thing you want is for you or someone you love to slip and get injured while enjoying your pool.
- The material should not be course, bumpy or uneven. Again, this is a safety issue-uneven terrain can cause trip and falls.
- The material should be heat reflective so that the sun does not cause the surface to become too hot for bare feet. Most of the time you and your guests will not be wearing shoes near the pool, keep those toes cool!
- You’ll want to choose a material that blends well with other landscaping and hardscaping surfaces that may already be present in your yard. Don’t make the mistake of having your pool decking put in only to later realize that it completely clashes with some of your other hardscape surfaces.
- Find a material that is most resistant to algae, mold, chemicals, acid and frost. Pool decking is exposed to many substances and weather conditions, best to choose one that is as resistant to as many of these elements as possible to prevent future damage and wear and tear to the decking.
- Be sure to make considerations for what kind of fencing you will have installed around your pool and make sure the decking you choose works well with it. Sydney has regulations regarding fencing along the outside of your pool, make sure you have a firm grasp on a vision for your pool fencing.
Common Pool Decking Material Types
The most common materials we see used in pool decking are; concrete, wood, stone, pavers, brick and tile. There are so many choices for pool decking that it can be overwhelming. Our experienced staff at Premier Landscapes Sydney are here to help you every step of the way.
We have installed hundreds of pool decks over the past twelve years, making us incredibly experienced and knowledge in the field. We know what work, what doesn’t and what will look the best.
We take pride in attending to our clients’ wants and needs and delivering them the perfect pool decking to complete their pool landscaping. If you are ready to discuss pool decking in Sydney, call us today to find out why we are the best pool landscapers in Sydney!